Local artists collaborate in a unique exhibit and provide support for the local community animals programs. Keep our friends "safe".

Visit www.zooinitas.zohosites.com

Friday, January 24, 2014

SPOTLIGHT ON OUR ARTIST KRISTA TIMBERLAKE


Meet Krista Timberlake, one of 17 artists in the Zooinitas Exhibition coming July 2014.  She is wildly talented and an extremely versatile artist.  We are excited to have her exhibiting with us. 

"I hail from Western Massachusetts, where I grew up in a family and community of artists and craftspeople & developed my love of nature & the outdoors. After attending UVM for premed & Savannah College of Art & Design, I earned my BFA from UMASS, Amherst. As an avid cyclist, yogini, hiker, weightlifter, fitness enthusiast & general outdoors-woman, I have a great appreciation for the great outdoors and the natural world. 


Artistically, I have always been drawn to depict animals in addition to people, especially in a whimsical manner. There is no shortage of fascinating, unusual subjects in the animal kingdom. In all my work, I am intrigued by line, texture and color, and am most drawn to using watercolor as it is unpredictable. The most interesting things happen in my work when “mistakes” occur- unplanned reactions between pigment & paper that I will never be able to duplicate. 

I currently live in Vista, work as a graphic designer at The Upper Deck Company, & freelance as a graphic & web designer and fine artist".  Visit Krista at www.kristatimberlake.com and check out the various talents she excels in.

No comments:

Post a Comment