Local artists collaborate in a unique exhibit and provide support for the local community animals programs. Keep our friends "safe".

Visit www.zooinitas.zohosites.com

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

SPOTLIGHT on ZOOINTAS Artist Stephen Frank Gary

Zooinitas "welcomes" artist, Stephen Frank Gary to the July 15th exhibition at the Encinitas Community Library Art Gallery. One of 17 artists,  he is talented, versatile and an environmentalist at heart. Gary's personality is driven by many interests and beliefs. He states, "I am an artist and have been making art prior to any formal education. When introduced to public education, the only classes I ever looked forward to were art. I continued art in college and worked on a never finished master’s degree in painting,  Eventually I became an attorney in order support myself and family, and when time permitted, kept artwork practice as my passion."  

He simply enjoys the process of creating visual things. Making art is his way to communicate to the world. His process involves observation and absorbing of the world around me, distilling it in, then making a visual compilation with no particular set plan to follow. Much of his artwork comes out as a surprise as he  incorporate's  differing materials and techniques; whatever it takes to make a piece work. 

After 50 plus years of making art, doing sheet metal work, building surfboards and helicopters, he have learned many skills which are incorporated into the art. "Sometimes I am lucky enough to produce a beautiful mistake. At this point, I identify myself as a journeyman, and art is my journey." Gary is introducing a new piece that he is creating specifically for the Zooinitas Exhibit and is currently a displaying at the "new" venue located at the Encinitas Community Center Art Gallery in Encinitas..  Stop by and meet Stephen Frank Gary this this Saturday, February 8, between 1-4 at the grand opening of this new venue.  You can reach Stephen Gary at artistlooseination@sbcglobal.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment